Meditation Breathing – Experiment with this deep breathing technique.
Deep breathing benefits:
- It will absorb and distribute a significant amount of vitality to stimulate weakened areas in your body.
- It will also remove impurities in the lungs and provide you with clear thought and concentration (mindfulness).
- This technique is ideal for people who are engaged in a lot of mental work and who need intellectual and physical liveliness.
To those who know anything of music, the idea of this measured counting will be familiar. The yogic way for rhythmic breathing is that the units of the inhalation and the exhalation would be the same, while the units of the gaps between the breaths should be half the number of the inhale and exhale.
Rhythmic breathing technique to increase energy:
- Through the nostrils take a slow deep inhale, counting 6 seconds.
- Retain the inhalation for 3 seconds.
- Through the nostrils exhale slowly counting 6 seconds.
- Count 3 seconds before you start the next inhale.
- Repeat several times; avoid getting tired at the start. Take a break as soon as you feel the breath is being forced.
If 6 seconds is difficult at the start reduce it to 4, with the retention being 2.
With regular practice you may increase the length of the breath to 10 counts or more. Relax your effort a little; never force to increase the duration of the breath. Keep focused on the rhythm of the breath rather than increasing the count.
This deep breathing technique incorporates total mindfulness on the breathing pattern in order to maintain the appropriate durations of breath and retention. As a result, it will assist you to stay present without the mind drifting away.
Try it now… even a few breaths will be enough to kick-start an effective outcome. I would love to hear how it works out for you, and happy to assist with the technique if you are experiencing difficulties.
If this technique brings to mind anyone in your circle of friends, family or colleagues who may be interested in developing their personal effectiveness, I would be honoured if you shared it with them. Thank you!
Never miss a post: Sign up for FREE TIPS to live more skilfully!